Saturday, October 31, 2015

Washington DC temple trip and Pink soledarity

October 19, 2015

Originally I had typed out an email but it was deleted during the time that I put my laundry in the washer and dryer. I am still quite perturbed over that.

Monday the elders of our area decided that we are all going to wear a pink ties
for Tuesday a zone workshop, where a group of missionaries get
together and learn from my mission president. The reason for that is
that we have recently found out that our presidents wife has breast
cancer and we want to show our support and help in anyway that we can
while continually doing the work of Jesus Christ. Our Mission President was touched and said "that's so kind, I'll have to take a picture and show the cute
girl at home" (is wife) that was on Tuesday when he said the quote. Also on Tuesday the Assistants to the President took me and my companion out
to China King. This is a Chinese restaurant and it was really good.
After that we went finding for the rest of the day and taught three
lessons.
Pink Soledarity

Wednesday we had two major events happen and I'm going to reverse the
day to be able to explain both. The event that happened first is our
temple trip to Washington DC and the second is Elder Woods turned 19
so we got him a cake after we are done with everything I'm distracted
him for picking it up. First thing that I'm going to explain is the
cake. We got in a few minutes early and decided to walk to Walmart and
buy a cake for him and come back, this is actually really good idea
and perfect timing because right when we got back inside and turned
off all the lights he was on his way home up the street so we lit the
candles and waited for him to come in. It was great planning on all of
the missionaries surprising Elder Woods. The second thing that
happened was we went to the Washington DC Temple. Elder Toby had
someone that he was involved in baptizing make more sacred covenants
in the temple on Wednesday so we were able to " tagalong " and be able
to go into the temple. We felt so much peace and many answers were
received while truly trying to find be in tune with the spirit of God.
Something that I found out is if we need to learn it, it will be
learned. It might take a while or it might not even be in this
lifetime, but we will learn it eventually.
At the Washington DC Temple 

Thursday we walked roughly 12 miles to three different appointments
that all cancelled...  All three of us had some sort of shenanigans  (issues) going
on with their legs or feet, the thing that went wrong with mine is my
heel started bleeding after we finished the night.
I had to figure out how I could stop the heel bleeding but it wasn't a
constant run so it wasn't too bad. We also stopped by medical center
so one of my companions could pick up something that he needed for a
medical visit the next day that we went to.

Friday we went to the Spotsylvania medical center and while one of my
companions was in there taking a CT scan again I was able to contact
Elder Hopkins and tell him that I was in his area and he should come
on down and visit. He was able to! And I was so excited!!! That night
we walked a few miles to go and see someone who actually wasn't there.
But my companion saw a light on a house that was a former investigator
and he had the impression we should stop by at the same time that I
had the impression looking down the same street that someone needed us
there. His name was John Johnson and he had gotten back from work two minutes ago. We were both surprised and happy to be able to teach a lesson teach him to come closer to Jesus Christ through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

Reunion with trainer Elder Hopkins, front and center.  I am second on the right 
Saturday was all a blur the only thing that I really remember is what
happened Saturday night, and that was Elder Toby's trainer on the
mission visited us from Washington DC where he had flown in around
9:30 PM. Elder Toby was really excited to see him! Turns out his
trainers father knew the Fairbanks family (from our ward) when he got up in Saugus.

That was an adventure as well having him trying name the people that
he barely remembered back in the Santa Clarita Valley and me pulling
up the iPad and checking them on list that I had of the stake back
home. Sunday we are able to teach a lot we return to bed earlier than


10:30 PM because we are all exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment