Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Windsday's Frontal Assault

Leap Year Day February 29, 2016

  • Windsday's frontal assault (see if you get the puns)
  • Baptism
  • Word of God XL
  • Let's talk about it... Deep fried? how bout spiritual...

So this past week was spectacular in many senses of the word, why? well I am so glad you asked... I witnessed a TORNADO about a block away from where I was standing on Wednesday (now all thats left on my list of natural disasters to witness is a tsunami) and now look back on the first bulletpoint and chuckle to yourself. That's right, still got some puns to play on natural disasters, and just for the record, if I never witness a tsunami I will be completly fine for the rest of my life and the life to come.

(left to right: Elder Day, Elder Tanner Brother Turner Mary Luttrell). 
We had a baptism of Mary Luttrell, someone who we met through a member of the congregation a month prior and she was as prepared as I have ever seen an individual. I would recommend that all members ask their friends if they want their questions of the soul answered and to show them in small ways here and there that they are answered through the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its fullness. Seeing someone's testimony develop has been one of the greatest blessings I have ever seen and now understand why the first prophet of these last days said that the most important work is to spread the gospel (Teachings of the prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith [1976],113)


The word of God XL bullet point was for the large print copies of the Book of Mormon that Dot Wilson and Mami Wright wanted for their wise aged eyes not being able to fully see the smaller print of the copies we hand out to people. That is always awesome.

We have had some  phenomenal.... really really good deep fried food lately that consisted of deep fried cornbread and chili. 

 I had to prepare a talk for tomorrow and the topic was on Chapter 3 of preach my Gospel section 4 or 5 so I chose to study the topic of obedience, this was quite the ruckus because of the fact that right when I got up to speak, my mind went completely blank. So, I took a deep breath and said a quick prayer and then, I just started to speak. From what I know, everything turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment