Friday, September 2, 2016

Rain, Daly Llama ish, Why?


June 20, 2016

This week was super slow....
  Finding
  Rainstorm
  District meeting
  Exchange
  Waynesboro stake conference and a question answered
  Misspelled the Day? How do you do that?

So all we did this week was finding and little to no success happened. Had 4 people taught and 3 of them I was on an exchange so I didn't know they existed (and still don't).

We had a massive rainstorm recently so when nightly planning was done it was 9:10. We decided to run out in the storm for 15 minutes so we could be back in our apartment by 9:30pm. It was super fun because we could barely grasp the sidewalk with our feet slipping and sliding. Here is the picture of us after.

District meeting was awesome, we have a group of 11 of us in our district. It was just a hoot being with everyone, next time I'll get a photo of all of us.

Our district has Mandarin Elders (those who teach the Chinese VCU students, so I went on an exchange with them and learned a bit of Chinese... Bit harder than Spanish because of the inflections mean 7 different things... But that was fun! Taught 6 people in about 2 hours with Elder Schellenberg  (he was like " holy crap Elder Day we should do this more often" and I was like, "I know! Isn't it great, this is what happened in Lawrenceville on an average weeknight for me".) the Mandarin Elders have been in the Charlottesville, VA area their entire mission. It's kinda crazy...

Waynesboro Stake Conference. So Waynesboro Stake is a group of congregations within a certain geographical jurisdiction in Va around and in the Shannendoah mountains. Staunton, where I was a year ago on my mission, is within the large jurisdiction and we had a conference where everyone gathered on one place. I got to see Jeremy, Landon, and the Hanna family (they were a family in Staunton that I helped teach and baptize when I was there. They said they missed me and Jeremy found me before I said hello and said “hey” and "welcome back". I nearly shed a tear. 

Now for the question that I have had for at least a year. The question I always had was a 2 parter. The first part is contextual to set up the question.
1Alma 40:20-23 (Book of Mormon) says:
20 Now, my son, I do not say that their resurrection cometh at the resurrection of Christ; but behold,[...] that the souls and the bodies are reunited, of the righteous, at the resurrection of Christ, and his ascension into heaven.

21 But whether it be at his resurrection or after, I do not say; but this much I say, that there is a space between death and the resurrection of the body, and a state of the soul in happiness or in misery until the time which is appointed of God that the dead shall come forth, and be reunited, both soul and body, and be brought to stand before God, and be judged according to their works.

22 Yea, this bringeth about the restoration of those things of which has been spoken by the mouths of the prophets.

23 The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.

1So why Did Christ have imprints on His hands and feet if he were supposed to be raised as a whole body and unified and stuff in the resurrection?
My conclusion (besides the thing about remembering us and us recognizing Him at the last day, because that is good but God never contradicts himself so if one person is whole than all will be) comes from Doctrine and Covenants 29:34-35
34 Wherefore, verily I say unto you that all things unto me are spiritual, and not at any time have I given unto you a law which was temporal; neither any man, nor the children of men; neither Adam, your father, whom I created.

35 Behold, I gave unto him that he should be an agent unto himself; and I gave unto him commandment, but no temporal commandment gave I unto him, for my commandments are spiritual; they are not natural nor temporal, neither carnal nor sensual.

Christ and the law of resurrection was to be resurrected to a "perfected" state. Christ was perfect, so He could have the wounds because He is perfect, wounds and all. It's the spiritual perfection that always takes priority.
That might not have made 100% sense in the way I wrote it out but I hope you get the gist of it. The Stake Conference didn't even mention it in there, it was just the impressions I received while getting distracted in the Spirit of revelation.

Also, the VCU people misspell my last name....


I “kinda” want someone to call me Daly Llama... But that won't happen. He is an awesome guy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment